General Contest Rules
Radio Station:92.9 JACK FM (the “Station”)
Station Website: www.929jackfm.ca (the “Website”)
Station Address: 6080 Young Street, 9th Floor, Halifax Nova Scotia, B3K 5L2 (the “Station Address”)
1. Application. These rules apply to contests (each, a “Contest”) operated by Rogers Broadcasting Limited (“Rogers”) for the Station unless specific rules have been developed for a particular Contest (in which case those specific rules will apply). By entering a Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood these rules.
2. Eligibility. Unless otherwise stated, Contests are open to individuals who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry and who reside in the province stated in the Station Address, within a 100km radius of the Station Address (as determined by www.google.ca/maps) and within the terrestrial broadcast radius of the Station. For greater certainty, “within the terrestrial broadcast radius of the Station” means that you have to be able to hear the Station’s broadcast from your residence, without recourse to a satellite radio, the Internet, cable television, an application, or any other non-traditional listening device or tool. Unless otherwise identified on-air or by means of the Website in respect of a particular Contest, the thirty-day rule shall not apply. The thirty-day rule excludes individuals who have won any Station contest within the 30 days preceding the start of an applicable Contest (as well as those with whom they reside) from participating in such Contest. Employees, officers and directors of Rogers, its affiliates or representatives, any prize suppliers and Contest judges, and any individuals with whom the foregoing individuals reside, are not eligible to participate in Contests.
3. Contest Period & Prizing. Details of the prize(s) available to be won, the start and end dates and/or times, and any other relevant information will be identified either by a Rogers or Station representative (a “Representative”), such as an on-air host or the Website, as applicable, at the time of the Contest. The approximate retail value of a prize is available upon request during the particular Contest entry period. Prizes may not be exactly as advertised.
4. How to Enter. No purchase necessary. Unless otherwise stated, there is a limit of one entry per person per Contest. No purchase is necessary.
Online Contests: For Contests with online entries, follow the instructions provided by a Representative or made available on the Website, as applicable.
General Contest Rules
Call-in Contests: For call-in Contests, participants will be required to call the Station at the telephone number provided by a Representative and be the correct caller, as determined by the instructions given by the Representative at that particular time (e.g. be the correct sequential caller). Once determined to be the correct caller, you may be required to follow the instructions of the Representative to validate your eligibility (e.g. answer trivia questions).
Loyalty Club: For Contests with loyalty club entries, participants may enter in one of the following ways:
(a) Log into your Station account and redeem points to enter the Contest, as instructed by a Representative or as set out on the Website, as applicable. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, a loyalty club member shall be permitted multiple entries, provided such loyalty club member enters the Contest by means of his or her Station account and has sufficient points to redeem in respect of each additional entry. To become a Station loyalty club member, go to the Website and sign up for free.
– OR –
(b) Mail a 100-word letter explaining why you would like to win, together with your name, address, day and evening telephone numbers, email address, age, and particular Contest name, to the attention of the particular Contest you are entering, at the Station Address. One entry per postage-stamped envelope.
Social Media Contests: For Contests with entry via a third party service or site (each, a “Third Party Service”), such as Facebook or Twitter or any other social media site, entrants must have an account with the applicable Third Party Service to enter by such means. By creating an account with the Third Party Service, the entrant agrees to comply with the Third Party Service’s Terms of Service. By entering a Contest by means of a Third Party Service, you completely release any such Third Party Service of all liability in relation to your participation in the Contest.
For Contests on Twitter: To enter, be or become a follower of Station and follow the instructions given by the Representative.
For Contests on Facebook: Go to the Station’s Facebook page and click the “Like” button. Then, follow the instructions given by the Representative. Facebook entrants acknowledge that Contests are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, and that any questions, comments or complaints regarding any Contest should be directed to Rogers and not to Facebook.
5. Ineligible Attempts at Entry. Any attempt or suspected attempt to enter a Contest in a fashion not authorized by these rules (or by a Representative) shall be deemed to be tampering and will void all of your entries. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, false, illegible, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of these Contest rules will be void. Only entries received by Rogers will be considered. Proof of entry
General Contest Rules
transmission shall not constitute proof of receipt. The sole determinant of time for valid online entry in a Contest will be the Website server machine(s).
6. Draw. For Contests where the winner is selected from entries received, a random draw will be made by a Representative from all qualifying entries received by the Contest deadline. A selected entrant will be disqualified and required to forfeit any claim on the Contest prize if he or she cannot be reached within a reasonable time period, as determined in the discretion of Rogers, or if these rules are not adhered to. Decisions and rulings of Rogers and/or Representatives are final and binding without appeal in all matters related to the Contests and the awarding of prizes.
7. Conditions of Winning. To be declared a winner, a selected entrant must correctly answer without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; be in full compliance with these Contest rules; and, in the discretion of Rogers, sign and return a release of liability and consent to publicity form and any other documentation as may reasonably be required by Rogers in its sole discretion.
8. Prize Acceptance. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable, redeemable, refundable or exchangeable for cash and not replaceable if lost or stolen, except as may be determined by Rogers in its sole discretion. In the event Rogers reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, with a prize of at least equal value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof of identification when claiming a prize or otherwise in connection with a Contest to facilitate the accurate identification of the Contest winner.
9. Odds of Winning. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for a particular Contest, and any criteria used to describe how to enter the Contest.
11. Release of Liability and Consent to Publicity. By accepting a Contest prize, the winner: confirms compliance with these Contest rules; acknowledges that the prize is not transferable (except in Rogers’ sole discretion) and must be accepted as awarded or otherwise except where stated; consents to the use of his/her name, city of residence, entry, voice, statements, photographs and/or other likenesses for
General Contest Rules
publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any medium or format carried out by Rogers and/or advertising agencies regarding the Contest or the prize, without further notice or compensation; and releases Rogers, its affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, the suppliers of materials, services, or prizes related to the Contest, and all of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively the “Releasees”) from and against all liability in connection with the Contest and/or the awarding and/or use of any Contest prize.
12. Limitation of Liability. The Releasees do not assume any responsibility and each entrant releases the Releasees from any and all claims, actions, damages, demands and liabilities of whatever nature or kind arising out of or in connection with the entrant’s participation or attempted participation in a Contest and any Contest prize, including, without limitation the administration of the Contest, the selection and confirmation of any Contest winners, and the arranging, awarding and use of any Contest prize.
13. Laws and Rules. Contests will be run in accordance with these Contest rules, which are subject to amendment by Rogers without notice or liability to you. Contests are subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
14. Cancel and Amend. Rogers reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend any Contest or to amend these Contest rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason a Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, for example as a result of tampering or infection by computer virus, bug, corruption, security breach, or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Rogers, Rogers reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest and/or conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries.
15. Prizes Provided “As Is”. Except as otherwise expressly warranted, any Contest prize is provided “as is” without further warranty of any kind.
16. Conduct. Rogers reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify without notice any entrant that it finds to be: violating these rules; tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of a Contest or the Website; acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of a Contest. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to undermine the legitimate operation of a Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, Rogers reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution, and to ban or disqualify an entrant from the applicable Contest and any future Contests.
General Contest Rules
17. Identity of an Online Entrant. If a dispute arises regarding the identity of an online entrant, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided at the time of entry, provided the name of the authorized account holder corresponds with the full name on the entry form. The individual assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry. All online entries must be submitted from a valid email account. If the name of the authorized account holder does not accord with the full name on the entry form, the entry may be disqualified at Rogers’ sole and absolute discretion.